Saturday, September 10, 2011

What to drink with....mushrooms


In the last few months, I've been doing an occasional Saturday column for the iPaper, the Independent's cheap and cheerful sister paper on matching seasonal foods with wine. It has been dogged with problems getting it online because, for reasons too complicated to explain here, material written exclusively for the i doesn't automatically go online unless I specifically request it. Then I was away when the last column was published and consequently - being so distracted by the sun and sea of Skopolos - that I forgot to get it organised. I will try and get that online soon. Anyway....here is the latest column, published today. Three excellent and very different wines, with the Co-op Chianti a particular bargain, if you get to your local branch before Tuesday. And I'm off tomorrow to search for some wild mushrooms, hoping that the bounty is as sensational as it was last year, when almost every woodland I visited was full of the most extraordinary fungi, both edible and poisonous.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/what-to-drink-with-mushrooms-2352509.html

No comments: